…to the Journeys into Genealogy podcast
Here you will find lots of interesting interviews with people sharing stories about their family histories, experts who can help with research, specialist advice for looking after objects and much more…
Scroll down the episodes displayed or click on Search Episodes. There are links to listen via Apple, Google and Spotify at the top and other podcast apps below.
Genealogy podcast covering family history, research, tips, stories, interviews and more. With an initial focus on the UK and Ireland and moving beyond that in future.
Natalie Pithers runs the Curious Descendants Club where she helps people write interesting and entertaining stories and blogs about their family history. We talk about her own family stories including talking about illegitimate ancestors, one name studies, adding historical context to stories and more. Plus tips for writing your own family history stories.
These are grouped together by type. Find the one you are interested in shown in the list above or use one of the podcast hosts/apps shown below.
- Reading old handwriting and wills with Kerry Baldwin
- Birth, marriage and death registrations with Antony Marr
- The benefits of joining a family history society with Ivor Normand of the Aberdeen and North East Scotland Family History Society
- DNA testing with author US Libby Copeland
- One Name Studies with Ken Toll
- Tips to help you write your own family story with Kath Kirkland and Sas Huntwood (2 episodes)
- An interview with Helen Tovey, editor of Family Tree Magazine
- Organizing your research with Carole McCulloch
- Breaking through brick walls with Mary Evans
Caring for objects
- Clothes and our ancestors with Steph Wood, exhibition curator at the V&A Museum in London
- Conserving books and photographs with Anne Bancroft, Senior Conservator at the V&A Museum in London
- Children’s toys with Will Newton, Curator at the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood (part of the V&A Museum) in London
- Hats and Millinery with Joanna Zara
- Heirloom Jewellery with Jacqui Larsson
Places and People
- Researching Irish ancestors with Fiona Fitzsimons of Eneclanne.ie
- Exploring the history of Southwark Park in London with Pat Kingwell of the Southwark Park 1869 Association
- The Huguenots of Spitalfields with Charlie de Wet
- Military history with Graham Bandy
- Intergenerational trauma with Kimberly June
- Anna White’s adoption story
- Finding GI fathers with Catherine Hughes
- The Royal Houses of Europe with Jacques Arnold
- Researching in Scotland with Chris Paton
- Touring European WWI and WWII sites with Sophie Shrubsole.
Where to listen?
The podcast is available via the following apps
RSS Feed is https://emmacox.libsyn.com/rss
If you have any suggestions for future topics/potential interviewees please use the Contact Us page to send your suggestions.
We are always looking for more interesting stories related to family history plus tips and hints on how to improve your research and help with problems people may be experiencing.